The post is aimed primarily at other attendees of the CILIP Conference 2018*. There will be lots of people at the conference and I’d like to increase my chances of finding people who I can have really useful conversations with – and knowing what to talk to them about. A job title and employer often don’t give you a huge amount to go on. So here’s a bit more about me and why you might be interested in speaking to me, as well as some other things I’d be particularly interested in talking to people about. Comment here or tweet me (@library_lizzie) if you’d to meet up!
If you’re coming to the CILIP Conference I’d encourage you to write your own ‘Would like to meet’ too.
Officially my title is Leventis Library Manager and I’m employed by a company called CCI Services Ltd. From this, you probably wouldn’t guess that I am a solo information professional running a small workplace library for a collaboration of 10 organisations – 9 biodiversity conservation organisations and the University of Cambridge – called the Cambridge Conservation Initiative. I also run a training programme, facilitate access for the whole collaboration to library and training resources from each of the collaborating organisations, and provide advice on various topics from copyright and reference management, to web tools and research data management.
You can find out more on my LinkedIn profile.
Reasons you might find me interesting
I have experience of:
- Merging libraries (from 4 partner organisations to create a library for a collaboration)
- Moving a library into a new building (well, it was refurbished rather than new, but it was a very extensive refurbishment)
- Running a library & information service for multiple organisations
- Supporting use of web-based technologies & apps as a librarian / information professional
- Science librarianship
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Solo librarianship
- Entering the LIS profession from a science background
Projects in progress:
- Developing a training programme (in a workplace setting)
- Setting up / managing digital display screens to share information
- Supporting research data management
- Setting up a Knowledge, Information and Data Management special interest group to facilitate discussions with colleagues in similar roles across the collaboration
(Potential) projects on my horizon:
- Improving knowledge exchange within the collaboration
- Developing resources/communications for new starters to introduce them to the collaboration and the central collaboration-wide team (not limited to the library & information service).
- Digitising small quantities of our serial collection, currently unavailable online
I’d like to meet …
I’m particularly interested in chatting to anyone with experience in:
- Moving into knowledge management from librarianship
- Libraries / information services in charities, NGOs, other third sector organisations
- Shared libraries / information services (serving more than one organisation)
- Anything on my Projects in progress or (Potential) projects on my horizon lists above
*If you’re not going to the CILIP Conference, I’d still be very happy to hear from you on any of these topics! Comment or tweet me to get in touch.